Thursday 14 May 2015

Keeping the kittens warm

After making my Granny A Day Blanket, I still had some small oddments leftover with no idea of what to use it for.
I was reluctant to just throw them away so I was thrilled to be able to use the to help our local RSPCA Shelter.
At first I was thinking along the lines of blankets for the dogs, but the staff told me the kittens were desperate. So that made my mind up. Kitty blankets it is!


 I wound all of my odd bits of yarn, mostly Acrylic, into one huge ball and just crocheted away. 
Each blanket is crocheted using the granny stitch and is 20 rounds.


Here's the first one off the needle.


Number 2


 Number 3


Number 4


Number 5


Number 6


Number 7


All together , ready to go!


This project will never have an end date. As soon as I have more oddments I'll make more blankets.
My mum also contributed and made 20 in total.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment :)